Charlie and Isabelle Smith established Smith Lumber Ltd in 1952, providing lumber and paint supplies to the local community for almost 10 years. After a brief hiatus cattle-ranching in Alberta, they then returned to the Fraser Valley where they re-established possession of the lumber yard, focusing on plywood sales only.
In 1984 the Smiths’ retired; that same year the lumber yard was purchased and incorporated by Lyn and Bill Dealey. As of August 22, 2007 Bill Dealey became primary owner of Smith Plywoods and was proud to carry on the family legacy. Bill Dealey's son, Clay Dealey, continues to carry on the legacy of his father and manages the business with the goal of providing the best in customer service to all of Smith Plywoods' valued customers. With ten thousand square feet in buildings on 1.2 acres, Smith Plywoods continues to evolve. Plans are in the works to construct another building on the property, addressing the growing need of our clients and the industry.